Fillers are FDA-approved products that once injected into the skin by an experienced and trained physician can: lift, smooth, and plump the skin for a very natural look that anyone desires, a refreshed face without the impression you’ve had something done.
Dr DeJuliis is a very experienced injector and uses special fine needles (cannulas) for best results. Cannulas lack a sharp point so once injected into the skin layers they do not cut capillaries or blood vessels, allowing Dr DeJuliis to perform injections without bruising.
What Areas Can Fillers Be Used On?
She takes her time and the results are very natural.
A Nationally Recognized Leader in Anti-aging Medicine
Dr. Aurora DeJuliis prides herself on her reputation for excellence, trust and compassion. Dr. DeJuliis was born and raised in Rome, Italy. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Rome in Medicine and Surgery. Her specialized training continued in Paris and Rome where she studied skin rejuvenation and anti-aging modalities well before they were readily available in the U.S. For over 20 years, Dr. DeJuliis has been a leader in the fields of anti-aging, beauty, nutrition, and aesthetic medicine.
Book a consultation with Dr. Aurora DeJuliis to learn how we can help you “love your skin and look your best!”
What areas can dermal fillers be used on?
Dermal fillers can be used to enhance, add volume and smooth out wrinkles in a variety of areas on the face, and body. In your initial consultation Dr. Dejuliis will evaluate your facial structure and beauty goals to outline your customized filler treatments.
- Lips: adding volume and shape to lips with use of specific lip filler techniques
- Cheeks: adding volume and definition to cheekbones, smoothing out mid-face wrinkles and lines
- Nasolabial folds: smoothing out wrinkles and lines running from nose to mouth corners
- Marionette lines: smoothing out wrinkles and lines running from mouth corners to chin
- Jawline: adding definition and contour, smoothing out wrinkles and lines
- Under eye area: adding volume, smoothing out wrinkles and lines in the tear trough area. Also helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles under the eyes
- Temples: adding volume, smoothing out wrinkles and lines
- Chin: adding volume and definition, smoothing out wrinkles and lines
- Forehead: smoothing out wrinkles and lines
- Hands: fillers are also used to rejuvenate the hands when patients are experiencing wrinkles due to sun exposure and volume loss due to aging
It’s important to note that dermal fillers should only be administered by a trained and experienced healthcare provider. The best treatment approach will vary depending on the individual’s specific needs and goals.
Which fillers do we use?
Juvéderm Ultra XC is a lighter gel compared to Voluma. Injected into the lips it can last up to one year. Juvéderm can also be used for nasolabial folds, commissure (or marionette) lines, and wrinkles.
Vollure is another filler from the Juvéderm family. It is slightly thicker than the classic Juvéderm and is very good at correcting nasolabial folds.
Volbella is the lighter product of the Juvéderm family, great for fine lines. When injected into the lips, it can plump them just enough for a lip gloss effect. It is also Dr DeJuliis’ choice for the tear trough area. It is injected with an ultra-fine needle, one drop at a time, to fill the hollowness under the eyes.
Radiesse is a volumizing filler made of natural smooth gel filled with tiny calcium microspheres. Injected under the skin, Radiesse adds immediate volume and lift to wrinkles and folds on the face. Radiesse also stimulates the body to produce new collagen which surrounds the microspheres. Eventually the microspheres are metabolized by the body, providing a long-term effect that lasts up to a year or more in many patients.
Radiesse is also an FDA-approved product for hand rejuvenation.
Belotero is a light filler made out of hyaluronic acid. It is the filler of choice for very fine lines and for under eye wrinkles.
What are the different types of fillers?
There are a number of different fillers and the one used depends on the area being treated and the severity of the condition. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Hyaluronic acid – HA is a natural component of your skin’s connective tissue and is very commonly used for wrinkles. This category includes Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero and Perlane.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) – For deep wrinkles around the mouth area, this offers a more permanent solution as the body can’t absorb it. This category includes Bellafill.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) – This is another option for deep wrinkles, as well as jaw line contouring and cheek volume. This category includes Radiesse.
- Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) – This dermal filler is effective for age or illness related facial volume loss. This category includes Sculptra.
The doctor will discuss the various types of fillers with you and help you decide which one is ideal for your needs.
What are the benefits of facial fillers?
As we age, we all start losing volume in our face, resulting in wrinkles, folds, lip thinning and other undesirable effects. Facial fillers are an effective way to restore a youthful appearance, smoothing wrinkles, plumping lips and cheeks, treating tear trough and contouring your jaw line. They can also be used on an as needed basis to provide quick results, allowing you to maintain a youthful appearance.
Are there any side effects to contend with?
There are some side effects that you might experience, but they tend to be mild and typically clear within a week or two. These can include swelling, itching, bruising, rash and redness. You can minimize these side effects by following the recommended post treatment protocols, which include not applying anything to the skin until the next day, using ice packs, trying not to touch the treated area and avoiding heavy exercise that day. Your doctor will discuss all of the pre and post treatment instructions with you.
How long do dermal fillers last?
As with any other cosmetic procedure, results will vary from one patient to another. Also keep in mind that some fillers last longer than others. Generally speaking, Juvederm results will last 12-24 months, depending on which one is used. Juvederm Vollure and Voluma will last longer than Juvederm Volbella, Ultra and Ultra Plus. Restylane typically lasts 5-12 months again depending on which one is used. Radiesse lasts for 12 months, Sculptra for over 24 months and Bellafill up to 5 years.
How do I prepare for my facial filler treatment?
Preparation helps to minimize post treatment bruising and other related side effects. Stop using medications and supplements that can affect blood clotting. Avoid Aspirin and non steroid antiinflammatories, such as: Motrin Aleve and Advil for a couple of days prior to your treatment. Avoid alcohol a couple of days before your treatment. Avoid any hair removal treatments on the face as well as topic anti-aging products. It is recommended to start taking Arnica two days prior to the filler procedure, as it will help reduce bruising. The doctor will discuss all of the pre and post treatment protocols with you.
Areas we serve with filler treatments.
The Aurora Dejuliis European Medical Spa is located in Montclair New Jersey. Conveniently serving patients from Montclair, Bloomfield, Glen Ridge, Verona, Brookdale, Cedar Grove, The Caldwells. Clifton, Belleville, Little Falls Newark Livingston all of Essex, Passaic, Morris, Bergen and Hudson county.
2023 © Copyright, The Aurora DeJuliis, MD European Medi-Spa, LLC.